The jazz minor is a supplementary program of courses and performance experiences presenting the historical and stylistic features of jazz. The jazz minor may be added to existing undergraduate degree programs in music composition, music education, music history and literature or music performance. Students interested in the jazz minor should consult their department chair and the coordinator of jazz studies for assistance in planning for the additional required coursework.
Jazz Minor Program
- MUCH 211, 212 Jazz Improvisation and Repertoire (4)
- MUCH 236 Intro Jazz and Commercial Music (2)
- MUCH 237 Jazz (3)
- MUCH 311, 312 Jazz Arranging and Analysis (6)
- MUCH 411 Jazz Pedagogy (2)
- MUCH 436 Recording Techniques (2)
- MUSP Jazz Lab Band or Jazz
- Ensemble (4)
- MUSP Applied instruction (8)
Applied credits earned in any music major program count toward this requirement.