Requesting Local Materials
Any BGSU-owned item can be requested by any BGSU patron if:
- The patron has a valid patron account,
- The item is part of a circulating collection, including the:
- Jerome Library
- Curriculum Resource Center (CRC)
- Music Library
- Government Documents Collection
- Firelands Library
- Northwest Ohio Regional Book Depository
- The item has a status of 'Available'.
If these conditions are met, a 'Request' button will appear on the item record in the University Libraries Catalog. There are two possible pick-up locations: Jerome Library and Firelands Library.
Please allow 72 hours for these requests to be processed. We will send an email notice when the item is ready for pick-up. My Library Account can also be used to track requests. When the item's status reads 'Ready. Must be picked up by xx / xx / xx' it is ready to be picked up at the circulation location you chose.
If a BGSU-owned item is checked-out, we can place a hold on it for you. A hold will ensure the following:
- The patron who has the item checked out will not be permitted to renew it.
- When the item is returned it will go on the hold shelf in your name.
- You will be allowed to check the item out for at least 2 weeks.
BGSU faculty and graduate students can place a hold by either stopping by the circulation desk or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from their BGSU email account. Undergraduate students can place a hold by stopping by the circulation desk.
We send an email notice when your held items arrive; however, be sure to check your library account at My Library frequently to double-check.
Have a Question? Contact the Circulation Desk at 419-372-2051 or email email@example.com.