The Basics of Using the BPCL
- Our hours are more limited than the main floor, but we're open late on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
- We're an archive/repository, so most of our materials cannot be checked out.
- Most of our collection is not open for browsing. You need to request materials at our reference desk with your university ID or a photo ID. You will also need to fill out a request form.
- A fair amount of our materials are available off-site, so allow us a few days to get materials ready if you are visiting from a distance.
- The reference collection is open for browsing! It's the best place to get started with popular culture research.
- We have a copier available for copying materials that cannot be checked out - you just need a BG1 card. A scanner is also available, but at no charge. The Main Reserve room on the first floor has a color copier available as well.
- If you are not sure how to get started with popular culture research, consult our Getting Started with Popular Culture Research page.
To check out DVDs, you will need a valid BGSU ID.