View: Looking NNE from above central Bowling Green
Special Features: This is how the campus looked just before World War II. Kohl Hall (seen at the right) was completed in 1939 as the first men's residence hall. In the lower right corner of this view is the Windmill (built about 1938) at Urschel Pond, with small cottage-style housing constructed around 1941.
To the north of the campus, farmland stretches away into the distance. In 1939, the federal government chose this area of Bowling Green as one of many locations around the nation for a small airfield.