BGSU Historic Campus Tour
As the University's enrollment increased it became necessary to provide more dormitory accommodations for students so that applications did not have to be turned down. This is why McDonald Quadrangle, named after Ralph W. McDonald who was president from 1951-1961, came about. The building was originally a women's residence hall, and was planned to provide
|housing and dining facilities for approximately 1,221 students. Today it houses both women and men, dining facilities, and the office of International Programs.|
Listed below are additional highlights in the history of the building:
- 1962, built to serve as an upper class women's residence hall.
- 1964, officially dedicated as McDonald Quadrangle on August 22, in honor of Ralph W. and Athleen Taylor McDonald.
- 1970, addition finished to house 850 students.
- 1999, McDonald West painting, carpeting, and lighting improvements.
- 2000, carpeting and painting phase of project to renovate East and North.
- 2001, front desk renovation to consolidate office activities to one area. Project cost is $600,000.
- 2002-2003, replacement of fan coils in Hall Director apartments, installation of computer lab air conditioning, and replacement of cooling tower.
- 2002, elevator replacement.
- 2011, The Oaks Dining Center constructed