People: Duane E. & Margaret J. Tucker
Duane E. Tucker
Margaret J. Tucker
Margaret Tucker was the director of the Northwest Ohio Educational Technology Foundation from 1970 to 1984, where she provided contact between Bowling Green State University and the schools of Northwest Ohio. Margaret served on the All Ohio School Board, and created the university’s Computer Resource Center to serve the computer needs of area schools.
Dr. Duane Tucker joined the BGSU faculty in 1959, as the first head of the Radio, Television, and Film Department. Tucker initiated WBGU-TV in 1964, leading it from a 10,000 watt black and white television station to a million-watt color station during his 25 years at the helm. Tucker also was instrumental in planning the Ohio Education Broadcasting Network, a resource that assists northwest Ohio’s schools in providing distance-based content for teachers use.
The Tucker Center for Telecommunications is named in honor of Dr. Duane E. and Margaret J. Tucker.
- News articles in BG News
- pUA 1155 - Dedication Ceremony