BGSU Trivia Quiz #24 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- A Homecoming Queen appeared in 1931, but the custom of crowning her at Homecoming began in
- c) 1938 when Weldon Brooks Fruth reigned as Homecoming Queen
- The Bee Gee News was originally published as a monthly. When did it become a daily?
- d) Daily from 1965. Weekly from 1931. Monthly from 1920.
- The first appearance of Mrs. Freddie Falcon was in 1966. Who played the part?
- b) A male cheerleader, Doug Bleckner. It was a publicity stunt.
- The murals on the east and west panels of Jerome Library were created by
- c) Donald Drumm
- A pedagog is a
- c) A teacher
- What does PhD stand for?
- b) Doctor of Philosophy
- Which of the following pizza places in BG has operated the longest in the same location with the same name?
- c) Pisanello's since 1964
- The first University Library was housed in
- a) Basement of the Methodist Church. All choices have served as locations for the University Library
- The Social Committee (preceding the UAO) was comprised of
- c) Faculty and students, 8 members total, drew up the year's social calendar.
- The first commencement in 1915 awarded 35 diplomas. How many graduates were men?
- a) No men graduated with the class of 1915
- On what field was BG's first intercollegiate football game played?
- Ridge Street School Field
- How many men tried out for the first football team in 1919?
- b) 17. Male enrollment that year was 28.