BGSU Trivia Quiz #19 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- When did Ronald Reagan visit the BGSU campus?
- c) Fall 1984
- Speech, drama, and debating courses began in 1919, as part of what department?
- c) English
- Who was BGSU's President during the 1960s?
- b) William B. Jerome
- This BGSU President previously served as the Dean of the College of Business Administration
- d) Ralph G. Harshman
- In 1803, Ohio was admitted to the union as the ____ state
- c) 17th
- The first building on campus to be heated by solar energy was
- b) Information booth
- When the Cleveland Browns held training camp at BGSU, where did they stay?
- b) Alpha Xi Delta Sorority House
- Tin Pan Alley, 15 metal huts to house unmarried servicemen at the end of WW II. It was located
- a) On the site of Jerome Library
- The national leadership honorary society is
- c) Omicron Delta Kappa
- What was Manville Madness?
- b) An open street party in early 1980s
- In 1925 athletic letter winners became members of what organization?
- d) The Varsity "N" Club
- BGNC's first baseball game was played May 2, 1918, BG 4, Defiance 3. The field is now the site of
- c) Education Building