BGSU Trivia Quiz #14 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- At one time, the traditional place to voice one's opinion or protest was from the steps of
- d)Williams Hall
- In 1921, the Ohio General Assembly decided that parents should share with the state the cost of a student's college education. The first tuition fee was
- b) $10.00 per semester. This was called a "registration fee."
- Since 1965, this award has been presented annually to an alumnus who has made significant contributions to volunteer and philanthropic efforts for the betterment of his or her community. It is called the
- b) Alumni Community Award
- During the 10-year tenure of this BGSU President, student enrollment doubled, campus acreage doubled, faculty salaries tripled, and the percentage of faculty members holding doctorates rose from 28% to 60%. Who was this president?
- d) Ralph W. McDonald
- The Master Teacher Award is presented each year by
- a) Undergraduate Alumni Association
- A gift of the Class of 1978, the carillon has how many bells visible?
- c) 3 (three) bells
- What is the area bounded by Poe, Mercer, and Merry Street called?
- b) Sterling Farm
- The 1947 Speech Building featured a theater, classrooms, and a Speech & Hearing clinic. What is there now?
- b) Parking lot at Thurstin and Court
- The College of Musical Arts was certified in 1975. What College was the music school previously under?
- a) College of Education
- This campus newspaper is published for persons interested in Greek Life
- d) The Gavel
- What was the name of the BGSU football stadium that preceded Doyt L. Perry Field?
- b) University Stadium. It was located east of Moseley Hall and its east end is the present location of Jerome Library.
- Over 2,000 fans attended BG's first Homecoming football game in
- b) 1922. Homecoming was November 4, 1922 at the old Wood County Fairgrounds field (now City Park and Golf Course. The score: BG 6, Toledo 6