BGSU Trivia Quiz #11 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- During the earlier days of BG, all freshmen were required to wear beanies (caps, and the girls a green hair ribbon). How long did the freshmen have to wear beanies?
- b) First month, then the Freshman-Sophomore tug-of-war was held. If the freshmen lost, beanies had to be worn through Homecoming Week
- At graduation ceremonies, a person receiving a doctorate degree is hooded by the
- d) the advisor of the candidate
- Bernard T. Casey, ’61, was a Falcon star in both football and track. He returned to BG between professional football seasons to earn a Master of Fine Arts degree. For which pro football team did he play?
- d) San Francisco 49ers
- Which two Bowling Green Presidents had the same first name?
- a) Harshman and McDonald. Both were named Ralph
- Falcon Heights was a community to house veterans and their families. It was a trailer court complete with a mayor and councilmen and one source of income which was the
- c) Coca-cola machine
- During the planning stage for the Student Recreation Center, the building had to be moved some 50 feet because
- b) it was over a natural gas well.
- A rendezvous spot in the 1950s for swimming and other activities was the Wingston Stone Quarry located southwest of the town of
- c) Rudolph
- This campus building has had all the following names except one:
- d) Hayes Hall
- The ROTC program at BGSU is under the administration of which College?
- b) Business Administration
- The Medici Circle, started in 1980, is a group of friends and patrons of
- a) art
- What season was the Bowling Green hockey team’s first as a varsity sport?
- c) 1969-70
- Dave Wottle was BGSU first Olympic gold medalist. In what event did he win it?
- d) 800 meter run. Time: 1:45.9