BGSU Trivia Quiz #9 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- In 1969 the University acquired a prairie falcon as a mascot and named it
- d) Prince Frederick
- The first honor society on campus was
- d) Book and Motor began in 1914 and continued under the same name until 1965
- This former BGSU trustee once owned controlling interest in the Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Crusaders and the Cleveland Cavaliers
- b) Nick Mileti
- An award established by the Alumni Board to honor people who have made significant contributions to the University but are not graduates of BGSU is the
- d) Honorary Alumnus Award
- Sic Sic stands for what?
- d) Nobody knows because it is a secret
- The Master Teaching Award is present each year by the
- a) Undergraduate Alumni Association
- The first P. W. A. (Public works Agency) job to be done in the United States (1938) was this BGSU campus building:
- c) women’s gym
- Where was “the Well”?
- b) stairway inside the front door of University Hall. The “Well” was a central campus spot for announcements and the stage for the A Capella Choir’s Christmas caroling concerts of the 1940s.
- The power plant for the BG Normal School was completed in the fall of 1915. This building still stands, except for the smokestack, and is now known as
- a) Centrex Building
- There is a campus newspaper published primarily for persons interested in Greek life.
- d) the Gavel
- Falcon All-American Nate Thurmond was a first round NBA draft choice and NBA All-Star selection. When he retired from professional basketball in 1977, he was a member of what team?
- b) Cleveland Cavaliers. He started his pro career with San Francisco.
- When was lacrosse dropped as a BGSU varsity sport?
- b) 1980