BGSU Trivia Quiz #7 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- At one time, the traditional place to voice one’s opinion or protest was from the steps of
- d) Williams Hall
- The only course offered by the English Department in 1915 was
- b) Literature and Grammar; the 1919 catalog added Debating and Public Speaking
- The non-objective murals on the East and West panels of the Jerome Library were created by
- d) Don Drumm
- He was one of the ten original Bowling Green faculty members. He retired as a science professor in 1936 and served as curator of the University Museum until his death in 1948.
- a) Edwin L. Moseley. He was known for discovering the cause of "milk sickness" and for his early work in tree-ring dating.
- What is Ohio’s state bird?
- c) cardinal
- In 1910, the founding year afor BGSU, the speed limit in downtown Bowling Green was
- a) 8 miles per hour
- The first building on campus to be named for a faculty member was
- c) Kohl Hall was named after longtime Sociology professor Clayton C. Kohl.
- The Gate Theatre was moved to the campus from Camp Perry after World War II and served the University until 1961 when
- c) It started to sink into the ground. The Gate Theatre was built on what was a filled-in old quarry which settled under the weight of the building.
- During the widely publicized BGSU student demonstrations in 1961, a list of grievances was presented to the administration. Which of the following was not on the list?
- d) resignation of the President and reinstatement of the faculty member dismissed
- One of the ways BGSU students responded to the Kent State shootings was
- b) A candlelight march through the town
- Of the following BG teams, which was the first to begin intercollegiate competition?
- a) Tennis 1920, Track 1923, Cross Country 1927, Swimming 1940
- In what year did BGSU’s Dave Wottle win his Olympic Gold Medal?
- b) 1972. Dave Wottle won the 800 meter event.