BGSU Trivia Quiz #4
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- What BG president signed the original agreement with the Army to establish ROTC at BGSU?
- b) Dr. Frank Prout (1948)
- Leon Winslow designed the original University Seal in 1914. In 1958, Glenn Christian revised the Seal by adding the
- b) Buckeye tree and carnation
- In the 1970s, Frieda Falcon began appearing with Freddie and during the 1980 basketball season she became a full-time mascot. Who was BG’s first Frieda Falcon?
- d) Sue Sheard Because of the costume’s cost, the athletic department wasn’t sure it should support Frieda, so Sue volunteered to make the skirt and vest.
- John Chapman, for whom Chapman Hall is named, was better known as:
- a) Johnny Appleseed
- MAC stands for
- d) Mid-American Conference is the intercollegiate athletic conference of which BGSU is a member
- The prevailing wind is probably the most noticeable characteristic of BGSU’s climate. BG’s wind is predominately from what direction?
- a) Southwesterly
- The first building to be completed for use on the University campus was
- a) Williams Hall was the women’s dorm completed in June 1915 followed by University Hall in September 1915; Moseley and Hanna Halls were completed in 1916
- This log cabin stood at the site of the current Bowen-Thompson Student Union. It now stands in Portage and is used as the American Legion Hall. Its name was
- c) Falcon’s Nest
- The first student activity fee was assessed in 1917-18 and entitled the student to attend all social and athletic events at a cost per semester of
- a) $2.00 In 1921, the fee was increased to $2.50 and included a subscription to the Bee Gee News
- Established in 1978, this group will see you safely to and from places on campus.
- b) Campus Escort Service
- What sport uses brooms, stones and pebbling?
- a) Curling
- For several years after resumption of athletic relationships between Bowling Green and Toledo, the event was observed annually at a basketball game by
- b) The smoking of a peace pipe at half-time