BGSU Trivia Quiz #2 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- The first Master of Business Administration degree (MBA) at BGSU was awarded in:
- b) 1963
- Of the following, who was not a judge for the KEY Kings and Queens selected from 1942 to 1968?
- c) Cliff Boutelle, former Director of Public Relations. Eva Marie Saint was a 1944 KEY Beauty and a judge in 1960.
- The Gish Theater was named after
- c) Lillian and Dorothy Gish. The sisters made their stage debut in 1902 in nearby Risingsun.
- "Icosahedron," the glass sculpture by Dominick Labino located near the entrance of the Math-Science Building, is a twenty-sided geometric figure made up entirely of
- d) Triangles, specifically equilateral triangles
- What is Ohio's state tree?
- d) Buckeye
- Wooster Street bounds most of the campus to the south. What is the highway number of Wooster Street?
- c) 64. Wooster Street was once Highway 6, but that road now bypasses Bowling Green on the south.
- The Moore Musical Arts Center was built on land that was formerly
- b) Sterling Farm
- Which quadrangle on campus was built first?
- c) Rodgers, 1955. Founders was built in 1957, McDonald in 1962, and Harshman in 1964.
- Founded in November 1952, the honor society for Air Force ROTC cadets is named for General
- a) Arnold
- By the end of the 1940s, students were holding campus demonstrations because they had
- d) All of the above
- What professional football team also wears the colors "burnt orange and seal brown?"
- a) Cleveland Browns
- What BGSU football opponent suffered a tragic plane crash, killing 16 players returning from a 50-6 loss to the Falcons on October 29, 1960?
- a) California Polytechnic State College