BGSU Trivia Quiz #1 - Answers
BGSU Trivia was created for the 75th Anniversary of Bowling Green State University in 1985. Similar in play to the popular game, "Trivial Pursuit", questions were organized into six categories-people, sports, places, odds-n-ends, campus life, and history. To mark the Centennial celebration of the University, the Center for Archival Collections will present a quiz each month, featuring two questions from each of the categories. An interactive version is also available. Test your knowledge and have fun!
- What was the title of the first college song composed in 1914 by Ernest G. Hesser?
- b) We Hail You, Dear Normal College
- When Bowling Green State Normal College started classes in 1914, tuition was
- a) Free
- The 1931 Homecoming Queen's attendant was the
- c) The President Homer Williams, the College deans and the football coaches attended the 1931 Queen, Ruth Carter, from Wapakoneta
- As a 1975 Homecoming activity, BGSU students danced their way into the Guinness Book of World Records with the "world's longest snake dance." How long was this?
- a) 3,376 persons listed for many years as the "longest conga line"
- What is the name of the ghost of the Chi Omega Sorority?
- b) Amanda. Her name must be included in the sorority's annual group photograph or she will make mischief for the rest of the year.
- The zip code for all mail addressed to BGSU is
- b) 43403
- Which of the following was not an occupant of Ivy Hall?
- d) A co-ed dorm, but all the other occupants resided in Ivy Hall, nicknamed "The Hatchery"
- What is the name of the cemetery surrounded by the BGSU campus?
- c) Oak Grove Cemetery was on the "outskirts" of town beginning in 1873. Funeral processions have been part of the campus scene for its entire history.
- The housing of both civilian and Navy V-12 men in Kohl Hall required civilian men to observe quiet hours and
- c) Lights out by 11 PM
- Roommate assignments in the early years of the College were
- a) In the same room with the same person until graduation
- BGSU has participated in volleyball as a women's intercollegiate sport since 1967. Which of the following is not a position in that sport?
- a) Fielder
- The length of most of the BGSU men's cross country races is
- b) 5 miles. The MAC Championship and the NCAA Championship races are normally 10,000 meters.