Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
First United Methodist Church (Bucyrus, Ohio) - MS 1040 mf
The records from First United Methodist Church, Bucyrus, Ohio were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming in September 2005 with the cooperation of Mary Fox and Dixie Stineman.
The early Methodists of Bucyrus were part of the Scioto circuit which covered about seven hundred miles. Services for these Methodists were held in various indoor and outdoor locations until the first church was built in 1832 on East Mansfield St. In 1850 this first church was demolished and replaced by a new church in the same location. The congregation continued to grow and in 1890 a third church was built at the corner of South Walnut and East Warren. This church is still used today.
The above history was compiled based on information obtained from the “Mansfield District East Ohio Conference United Methodist Church Local Church Directory” (revised April 1996).
- Church Record, 1871 – February 2, 1890
- Church Record, December 1888 – May 7, 1916
- Church Record, July 7, 1907 – June 11, 1921
- Church Record, September 27, 1919 – September 9, 1934
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy