Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
Delta Kappa Gamma. Delta Rho Chapter - MS 272
The records of the Delta Kappa Gamma Society International, Delta Rho Chapter of Perrysburg, Ohio, were donated to the Center for Archival Collections primarily by June Sweede in February 2009. Supplemental materials were donated, by the Ohio Historical Society in January 1985. The records mainly consist of minutes, membership records, executive notebooks, monthly newsletters, and miscellaneous social and special event materials.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection. This register was prepared by Jessica Schmidt, graduate assistant, in February 2009.
Delta Rho, the Wood County Chapter of the Delta Kappa Gamma Society International, is a professional honorary society of female educators from the area. It was founded in May 1973 with its first installation of 18 members happening in Bowling Green, OH.
Delta Kappa Gamma was founded on May 11, 1929 at the University of Texas in Austin. In 1938, Ohio became a state sponsored branch of the organization. The main objectives and goals of Delta Kappa Gamma are to further the status of female educators and offer advanced opportunities of scholarship, fellowship, and professionalism. Membership is offered by invitation only to women who distinguish themselves both in the education profession and community.
The Delta Rho Chapter disbanded on April 25, 2006 due to lack of new membership.
The records of the Delta Rho Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma consists of minutes, membership records, handbook, constitution, presidents’ notebooks, monthly newsletters, social activity pamphlets, photographs, slides, and artifacts. The record dates range from 1973 to 2006. The most complete record series are the meeting minutes which range the entire span of the organization from 1973-2006. The minutes are all handwritten in note form. Typed summaries from 1998-2004 can be found in the presidents’ notebooks.
The “Red Rose,” a monthly newsletter, also provides a comprehensive look at the goings on within the chapter. These range chronologically from 1978-2004. Membership directories and books also provide in depth profiles of the members between 1981 and 2005. All of this information would have been compiled by executive members including the presidents and secretaries.
The official Delta Kappa Gamma Handbook and Constitution from 1974 is included, with by-laws specific to Delta Rho following. Pamphlets and programs from social activities including Christmas parties, Founders Day Celebrations, and other receptions are included with scattered dates between 1998 and 2004. The only included photographs are from the 1995 initiation ceremony.
Artifacts like the Delta Rho Chapter Quilt, stitched by the founding members, and a member tote bag are also included in the collection.
Describes the issues, events, and proceedings discussed at each meeting. Each entry is written by the current secretary. Years 1973-1986 are handwritten with typed entries following from 1986-2006.
Provides names of all members during each year and whether or not they attended a particular month’s meeting. All records in the single book are handwritten.
1981-1995, 1997-2002, 2004-2005
Includes annual membership directories and a biographical sketch from 1983.
HANDBOOK AND CONSTITUTION.
Details rules and regulations of chapter proceedings and member requirements and duties.
Additional rules and regulations specific to the Delta Rho Chapter.
Includes meeting minutes, committee lists, current events and projects, miscellaneous correspondence, convention and chapter notes, and position titles and descriptions.
SOCIAL CHAIR/PROGRAM COMMITTEE NOTEBOOK.
Includes details on the planning of various social and professional development gatherings and receptions.
RED ROSE NEWSLETTER.
Most volumes of the monthly newsletter are included. Used to inform chapter members of upcoming events, meetings, member accomplishments, and important dates (i.e. birthdays).
Various dates, 1998-2004
Miscellaneous programs, pamphlets, and RSVP forms for various social gatherings and celebrations.
Two cookbooks sponsored by Delta Rho, probably as a fundraiser.
Includes several photographs from the 1995 initiation of new members ceremony.
Miscellaneous slides with unknown content and dates.
DELTA RHO CHAPTER QUILT.
Quilt stitched by founding members of Delta Rho. Includes several symbols and their signatures. Probably displayed during chapter meetings and events.
Red tote bag used by an unknown member.
- Minutes, 1973-1978
- Minutes, 1978-1986
- Minutes, 1986-2006
- Attendance Records, 1973-2006
- Annual Membership Directories, 1981-1988
- Annual Membership Directories, 1988-1992
- Annual Membership Directories, 1992-1995
- Annual Membership Books, 1997-1998
- Annual Membership Books, 1998-1999
- Annual Membership Books, 1999-2000
- Annual Membership Books, 2000-2001
- Annual Membership Books, 2001-2002
- Annual Membership Books, 2004-2005
- Biographical Sketches, 1983
- Delta Kappa Gamma Handbook and Constitution, c. 1974
- By-Laws, 1973-
- President’s Notebook, 1998-2000
- President’s Notebook, 2000-2002
- President’s Notebook, 2002-2004
- Social Chair/Program Committee Notebook, 1978-1988
- Miscellaneous Correspondence and Reports, 1991-1993
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1978
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1979-1980
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1981-1982
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1983-1984
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1985-1986
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1987-1988
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1989
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1990
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1991
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1992
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1993
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1994
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1995
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1996
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1997
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1998
- Red Rose Newsletter, 1999
- Red Rose Newsletter, 2000
- Red Rose Newsletter, 2001
- Red Rose Newsletter, 2002
- Red Rose Newsletter, 2003-2004
- Social Activities and Miscellaneous Events, 1998-2004
- Cookbooks, 1992, n.d.
- Photographs, Initiation, 1995
- Miscellaneous Slides, n.d.
- Delta Rho Chapter Quilt, c. 1973
- Delta Rho Member Tote Bag, n.d.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy