Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Michael's Lutheran Church (Marshallville, Ohio) - MS 1078 mf
The records of the St. Michael's Lutheran Church, Marshallville, Ohio were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio with the cooperation of Pastor Timothy J. Keeler.
The Center for Archival Collections is the publisher of this microfilm edition. The camera negative is the property of the Center for Archival Collections. For restrictions on the duplication of this collection please see the accompanying Note to Researchers.
This collection consists of three record books dating from 1830 - 1981. The record books contain membership records, church officers, pastoral records, communion records, confirmation records, baptisms, marriages, burials, and annual summaries.
This introduction was prepared by Mary Bowles in October 2007.
St. Michael's Lutheran Church, Marshallville, Ohio was first organized by Pastor George Henry Weygandt in 1830 under the name of St. Michael's Evangelical Lutheran Church. Land was bought, in conjunction with the Reformed Church, from Philip and Hannah Sickman and the deed was recorded on June 25, 1830. The church was built on land currently located on the east side of Coal Bank Road and St. Michael's Cemetery. In 1875, the Lutheran congregation bought from John Lower land across the road from the old church site. Part of the current edifice was built at that time.
The above history was compiled based on information obtained from the St. Michael's Lutheran Church, Marshallville, Ohio website, October 25, 2007.
- Record Book, 1830 - 1897, 1899
- Record Book, 1830 - 1947
- Annual Summary
- Interesting and Important Events
- Parish Register, 1946 - 1981
- Church Council
- Annual Summaries
- Historical Events
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy