Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Hope Lutheran Church (Hamler, Ohio) - MS 1075 mf
The records of the Hope Lutheran Church were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio with the cooperation of Pastor J. Lindsay Shaner and the assistance of Lori Schwiebert, church secretary.
The Center for Archival Collections is the publisher of this microfilm edition. The camera negative is the property of the Center for Archival Collections. For restrictions on the duplication of this collection please see the accompanying Note to Researchers.
The following record was filmed in October 2007 and spliced onto a roll filmed previously in September 2007.
This introduction was prepared by Kathy Gardner in October 2007.
Although families met in various homes and the Rohr's school house for worship services during the mid to late 1870s, Reverend George Hueler formed "Hoffnung" (Hope Church) on April 26, 1879. During the early years Hope and St. Stephen in Hamler, Ohio, shared pastors and confirmation classes. In 1883, Henry Kolbe donated land north of the present church building. In 1901, Reverend Roesch preached the first sermon at the new church built on the present site.
Reverend G.J. Ide, pastor of both Hope and St. Stephen, was the pastor responsible for the change from using the German language to English. When Reverend Ide retired in 1937, Hope and St. Stephen separated. The current location of Hope Lutheran Church is at County Road G-100 and County Road 10, northwest of the city of Hamler, Ohio.
The above history was compiled based on information obtained from the Hope Lutheran Church, Hamler, Ohio.
- Record Book, 1879 - 1960
- Record Book, 1961 - 2007
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy