Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
Junto Club (Bowling Green, Ohio) - MS 977
The Junto Club from Bowling Green, Ohio is a complete collection made up of proceedings, membership, constitutions, correspondence, papers, and photographs dating from its founding in January 1933 until May 2000. The proceedings and other material were donated to the Center for Archival Collections on October 10, 2002 the Junto Club, with an addition received from Ron Stoner in October 2011.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for the purposes of research and preservation. The collection was processed by Cynthia Clark, archives intern, in January 2003, with the addition revised by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts in November 2011.
The Junto Club was established in 1932, with the first meeting held on December 13, 1932. The first recorded minutes of the club were taken on January 9, 1933, with the constitution ratified and officers elected by February of the same year. The Junto Club was patterned after the Town and Gown Club, also located in Bowling Green, and founded during the 1920s. The Junto Club is made up of 22 members, with 11 members from the university and 11 members from the town. According to the constitution the purpose of the organization, "is to provide a means by which the professional, business and the tradesperson may have an opportunity to meet at regular intervals to discuss the vital problems of the day and to enjoy a social hour with the object of uniting in the promotion of civic welfare, fostering sympathetic relations and producing a mutual understanding of each other's problems and points of view." During the meetings, members present papers on the subject of their choice, varying from topics in the news, personal interests and hobbies, and areas of research for University members.
The Junto Club is still in existence today with meetings held from October until May, and an annual Ladies Night held every February.
The Junto Club collection is comprised of proceedings, constitutions, membership records, correspondence, papers, and photographs. The proceedings are complete from January 9, 1933, when the first minutes were taken, until 2011, which is the last of the records the Center for Archival Collections has received to date. Some of these later records with meeting minutes, presentation papers, and schedules show some evidence of water damage but most pages are legible.
The correspondence dates from 1933 until 1964, with a few letters not dated. The correspondence is comprised of letters of resignation, letters between members, and letters with outside agencies. The papers are those presented at meetings and are not dated. Other papers presented can be found within the proceedings. The photos are of a number of members taken on the university campus at some time in 1980.
January 1933 - 2011
Includes, but not always, membership, attendance, schedule for the year, minutes from the meetings, correspondence between members and outside groups, financial reports, papers, constitution amendments, voting records and newspaper articles.
Includes copies of the constitution and amendment changes.
1932 - 1960
Includes a list of all members from 1932 till 1960.
1934 - 1964, n.d.
Includes letters of resignation from the club, condolences, thank you letters, and correspondence between members.
Includes papers presented at the meetings.
Includes photos from 1980 of identified members at Bowling Green State University.
- Proceedings, Jan. 1933 - May 1933
- Proceedings, Oct. 1933 - May 1934
- Proceedings, Oct. 1934 - May 1951
- Proceedings, Oct. 1951 - May 1971
- Proceedings, Oct. 1971 - May 1972
- Proceedings, Oct. 1972 - May 1973
- Proceedings, Oct. 1973 - May 1974
- Proceedings, Oct. 1974 - May 1975
- Proceedings, Oct. 1975 - May 1976
- Proceedings, Oct. 1976 - May 1977
- Proceedings, Oct. 1977 - May 1978
- Proceedings, Oct. 1978 - May 1979
- Proceedings, Oct. 1979 - May 1980
- Proceedings, Oct. 1980 - May 1981
- Proceedings, Oct. 1981 - May 1982
- Proceedings, Oct. 1982 - May 1983
- Proceedings, Oct. 1983 - May 1984
- Proceedings, Oct. 1984 - May 1985
- Proceedings, Oct. 1985 - May 1986
- Proceedings, Oct. 1986 - May 1987
- Proceedings, Oct. 1987 - May 1988
- Proceedings, Oct. 1988 - May 1989
- Proceedings, Oct. 1989 - May 1990
- Proceedings, Oct. 1990 - May 1991
- Proceedings, Oct. 1991 - May 1992
- Proceedings, Oct. 1992 - May 1993
- Proceedings, Oct. 1993 - May 1994
- Proceedings, Oct. 1994 - May 1995
- Proceedings, Oct. 1995 - May 1996
- Proceedings, Oct. 1996 - May 1997
- Proceedings, Oct. 1997 - May 1998
- Proceedings, Oct. 1998 - May 1999
- Proceedings, Oct. 1999 - May 2000
- Constitutions, n.d.
- Membership, 1932 - 1960
- Correspondence, 1934 - 1964, n.d.
- Papers, n.d.
- Photos, 1980
2011 Addition: Box 1
- Junto meeting minutes, presentation papers, and schedules, 2000-2004
- Junto meeting minutes, presentation papers, and schedules, 2004-2005
- Junto meeting minutes, presentation papers, and schedules, 2006-2007
- Junto meeting minutes, presentation papers, and schedules, 2007-2008
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy