Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Nevada Evangelical Lutheran Church (Nevada, Ohio) - MS 971 mf
The records of the Nevada Evangelical Lutheran Church, Nevada, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in July 2002, with the cooperation of the Andora Kinsey. The collection consists of three volumes of record books, 1859-1974, which contain information on births, baptisms, confirmations, communions, marriages, deaths, lists of Officials, church history, and a church constitution.
The collection was prepared for microfilming by Linda Eynon and the finding aid completed by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, in September 2002.
Reverend A.B. Kirtland organized the Nevada Evangelical Lutheran Church on February 5, 1850. Rev. Kirtland was the pastor of the Upper Sandusky church. The Nevada congregation remained a part of the Upper Sandusky church until 1866, when the Nevada congregation split and formed their own separate parish.
In 1903 a new stone church was built to replace the original frame building that was constructed in 1859.
- Record book, Feb 5, 1859-May 7, 1922
- Record book, Jan 1, 1919-July 6, 1947
- Record book, May 26, 1942-Apr 14, 1974
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy