Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Mother of Sorrows Catholic Church (Put-in-Bay, Ohio) - MS 970 mf
The records of Mother of Sorrows Catholic Church, 1929 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in June 2002, with the cooperation of Father Jeff Nordhaus of Mother of Sorrows Catholic Church.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel in June 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
The parish of Mother of Sorrows in Put-In-Bay began as a Station of Kelley's Island in 1865. They built their first church in 1875. With the completion of the church building the status of the parish changed from a Station to a Mission.
In 1919 a site was purchased for a new church, but the parish did not begin work on the structure until November of 1927. The building was completed in July of 1929.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Central and Central Sections. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 80 - 82.
Roll 1 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book, 1929 - 1957
- First Communions
- Record Book, 1929 - 1958
- Record Book, 1954 - 2002
- First Communions
- Adult Baptisms, 1987 - 1992
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy