Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Sacred Heart Catholic Church (Montpelier, Ohio) - MS 949 mf
The records of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 1911 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in March 2002, with the cooperation of Reverend Frederick J. Duschl of Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages*, record of initiation and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some text is in Latin.
This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel in April 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
The parish of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Montpelier began as a Station of Edgerton in 1903. This Station was transferred to Blakeslee in 1912. The parish built their first church in early 1914. With the completion of the church the status of the parish changed from a Station to a Mission. In 1964, the parish completed their second, and current, church building.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Section Missionary and Parish History. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 200 - 2001.
- First Communions, 1944 - 2001
- Confirmations, 1943- 2001
- Record of Initiation, 1981 - 2002
- Deaths, 1953 - 2002
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1911 - 1991
- Baptisms, 1991 - 2002
- Marriages, 1914 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy