Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Pius X Catholic Church (Sycamore, Ohio) - MS 936 mf
The records of St. Pius X Catholic Church, 1951 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in February 2002, with the cooperation of Father Frank A. Murd of St. Pius X Catholic Church.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some text is in Latin.
This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in February 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
St. Pius X Catholic Church was established as a Mission of St. Stephen Catholic Church in St. Stephen, Ohio in August of 1951. The parish of St. Pius X completed their church in September of 1954. In 1955, the care of the Mission was transferred to Upper Sandusky. It remained under the care of Upper Sandusky when the Mission was transferred to Kirby. It only remained a Mission of Kirby until October of 1967. The parish was then placed under the care of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Tiffin. St. Pius X is currently a sister parish of St. Mary Catholic Church in Tiffin.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Central and Central Sections. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 151 - 152.
Roll 1 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book, 1951 - 2002
- First Communions
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy