Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Providence Hospital (Sandusky, Ohio) - MS 925 mf
The records of Providence Hospital, 1923 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in December 2001, with the cooperation of Father Phil Suehr of Providence Hospital.
The collection consists of baptisms*, Sick Call Register and Extreme Unction. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some records are in Latin.
This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in December 2001.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
In February of 1923, the Sisters of St. Francis from Rochester, Minnesota took over Providence Hospital in Sandusky. These sister originally came from the hospital in Minnesota were the Mayo brothers practiced medicine.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. General History Prior to and after its Establishment in 1910. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1984. Page 119.
- Sick Call Register, 1948 - 1969
- Extreme Unction, 1969 - 1982
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1923 - 1967
- Baptisms, 1953 - 1957
- Baptisms, 1957 - 1959
- Baptisms, 1959 - 1965
- Baptisms, 1965 - 1970
Roll 3 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1970 - 1997
- Baptisms, 1997 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy