Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church (Marysdale, Ohio) - MS 911 mf
The records of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 1874 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in October 2001, with the cooperation of Father William J. Martin of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages*, deaths and interments. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) There are early records of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church found at St. Mary Catholic Church, Antwerp, Ohio (MS - 898). They are baptisms from 1869 through 1874, marriages from 1872 - 1874 and deaths from 1872. There are also records of the parish found at St. Stephen Catholic Church, Delaware Bend (MS - 912). They are baptisms from 1908 through 1915 and marriages from 1908 - 1915. There are also records found at St. Patrick, Bryan, Ohio. They are baptisms from 1915 through 1917.
This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in October 2001.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Marysdale, originally known as Mud Creek, began as a Station of Defiance in 1855. In 1866, the parish purchased a frame house and converted it into a chapel. With this purchase, the status of the church changed from a Station to a Mission.
From the beginning of this parish it has been a Mission of one church or another. It began with Defiance in 1855. Beginning in 1873, the Mission was cared for by North Ridge. During that time a new church was built, in 1876. Then between 1888 and 1915 it was cared for by Delaware Bend. In 1915, the parish became a Mission of Defiance. Between 1918 and 1935, the care for the parish reverted back to Delaware Bend. Between 1935 and 1938, the Mission was served by Defiance again. Starting in 1938 going through the present, the Mission has been a sister parish of Delaware Bend. In 1965, a new brick church was built.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Section Missionary and Parish History. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 70 - 72.
- Record Book, 1874 - 1915
- First Communions
- Record Book, 1915 - 2001
- First Communions
- Interments, 1918 - 2001
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1917 - 1975
- Baptisms, 1975 - 2001
- Marriages, 1917 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy