Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Mary Catholic Church (Bluffton, Ohio) - MS 907 mf
The records of St. Mary Catholic Church, 1917 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in September 2001, with the cooperation of Sister Yvonne Fisher of St. Mary Catholic Church.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages*, and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in October 2001.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
St. Mary Catholic Church began as a Station of the Minister Mission Center. In 1860, the parish of St. Mary was transferred to the care of Findlay. In 1865, the parish built its first church and the status of the parish changed from a Station to a Mission. Between 1870 and 1912, St. Mary was served by Findlay, except for 1870 - 1871 and 1878 - 1879, when the Mission was served by Fostoria. In 1912, the parish became a Mission of Columbus Grove. In 1917, St. Mary became a Mission of St. Gerard Catholic Church in Lima. In 1932, the parish was served by the chaplain of St. Rita Hospital in Lima. In 1948, the care of the parish returned to Columbus Grove. In 1958, the care of St. Mary was transferred to Findlay and then one year later returned to Columbus Grove. In 1967, the parish's current church was built and completed. Between 1968 and 1981, the parish was served by Lima. In 1981, the parish received their first resident pastor, Father Paul Kwiatkowski.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Central and Central Sections. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 29 - 31.
- First Communions, 1985 - 2001
- Confirmations, 1984 - 2001
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book, 1917 - 1974
- Record Book, 1917 - 2001
- First Communions
- Baptisms, 1974 - 1984
- Baptisms, 1984 - 2001
- Marriages, 1982 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy