Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Sebastian Catholic Church (Bismark, Ohio) - MS 904 mf
The records of St. Sebastian Catholic Church, 1848 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in September 2001, with the cooperation of Father John Nagele of St. Sebastian Catholic Church.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, Book of the Elect, marriages*, and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in October 2001.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
St. Sebastian Catholic Church began as a Mission of Thompson in 1846. In that same year the parish built their first church. Due to a rapidly growing congregation the parish built their second church in 1857. In 1868, the parish received their first resident pastor, Father John Thoma. In 1922, the church was renovated and enlarged. The church was renovated again in 1941 after a fire damaged the building. The church is currently a sister parish of Reed and Marywood.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Central and Central Sections. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 247 - 249.
- Record Book, 1853 - 1914
- Record Book, 1856 - 1909
- Baptisms, 1848 - 1908
- Book of the Elect, 1989 - 2001
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book, 1915 - 1959
- First Communions
- Record Book, 1955 - 2001
- First Communions
- Baptisms, 1909 - 1959
- Marriages, 2000 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy