Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Mary Catholic Church (Edgerton, Ohio) - MS 879 mf
The records of St. Mary Catholic Church, 1865 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in July 2001, with the cooperation of Reverend Thomas E. Oedy of St. Mary Catholic Church, Edgerton, Ohio.
The collection consists of baptisms * , first communions, confirmations, marriages * , interments and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) There are several baptisms and deaths for Florence, Bryan, Archbold and Stryker recorded in the early baptismal book (1865 - 1897) and death book (1865 - 1919). The dates for the records range from 1860 - 1884.
This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in July 2001.
* There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
The Catholic Church in Edgerton began as a Station of Clarksville sometime between 1850 and 1864. In 1865, St. Mary became a Mission of Stryker. In this same year a small frame church was built. In 1867, Edgerton received their first resident pastor, Reverend Peter Becker. In 1869, Reverend Becker left and once again they became a Mission of Stryker. A few months later Edgerton received another resident priest.
Starting in 1867, Edgerton became a Mission center for Stryker, Archbold, Bryan, Wauseon and Blakeslee. These Missions, except Blakeslee, were transferred to Archbold in 1875. Blakeslee remained under the care of Edgerton until 1912.
In 1938, the parish of St. Mary began building their new church. It was completed in 1944. The parish has had steady growth since its establishment.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Section Missionary and Parish History. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 195 - 199.
- Baptisms, 1865 - 1897
- Record Book, 1903 - 1945
- First Communions
- Record Book, 1945 - 2001
- First Communions
- Marriages, 1865 - 1911
- Deaths, 1865 - 1919
- Interments, 1909 - 2001
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1865 - 1961
- Baptisms, 1961 - 1987
- Baptisms, 1988 - 2001
- Marriages, 1871 - 1961
- Marriages, 1961 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy