Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Nativity Catholic Church (Toledo, Ohio) - MS 867 mf
The records of Nativity Catholic Church, 1922 - 1982, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in June 2001, with the cooperation of Reverend Gerald E. Knueven of St. Anthony Catholic Church, Toledo, Ohio.
The collection consists of baptisms * , first communions, confirmations, marriages * and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in June 2001.
* There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
In 1922, Nativity Catholic Church was established to help minister the Polish population of Toledo. It was formed from the division of the territory of St. Anthony Catholic Church. In that same year the parish bought and renovated a church on Nebraska Street. In 1972, Nativity Catholic Church became a Mission of St. Anthony Church because the number of members in the parish was falling rapidly. On May 23, 1982, the last mass was said and the parish was closed permanently.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. West Central Section. Toledo and Lucas County. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 29 - 30.
- First Communions, 1923 - 1965
- Confirmations, 1923 - 1980
- Deaths, 1922 - 1981
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1922 - 1960
- Baptisms, 1961 - 1982
- Marriages, 1922 - 1978
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy