Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Caspar Catholic Church (Wauseon, Ohio) - MS 855 mf
The records of St. Casper Catholic Church, 1920 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in May 2001, with the cooperation of Reverend Robert A. Holden of St. Caspar Catholic Church, Wauseon, Ohio.
The collection consists of baptisms * , first communions, confirmations, marriages*, and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Jennifer Golis in May 2001.
* There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
St. Caspar Catholic Church began as a station of Defiance in 1850. Between 1850 and 1872, St. Caspar was a Station to many parishes, including Providence, Stryker and Edgerton. In 1872, St. Caspar purchased their first church, making them a Mission of Edgerton instead of a Station. In 1875, they became a Mission of Archbold.
In 1895, a fire destroyed their church. A new church was built to replace the destroyed one in 1896. In 1909, the church became a Mission of Swanton. They remained a Mission of Swanton until 1919 when they received their first resident pastor. Their first resident pastor was Father Thomas Quinlan.
After 1919, St. Caspar Catholic Church experienced rapid membership growth. To accommodate this growth the current church was built in 1966. During the 1960's, the parish purchased forty acres of land and a shrine was built and dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Section Missionary and Parish History. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 98 - 102.
- First Communions, 1964 - 2001
- Confirmations, 1964 - 2001
- Deaths, 1960 - 2001
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Record Book, 1920 - 1973
- Baptisms, 1954 - 1971
- Baptisms, 1971 - 1993
- Baptisms, 1993 - 2001
- Marriages, 1958 - 2001
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy