Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Sacred Heart Catholic Church (Fremont, Ohio) - MS 838 mf
The records of Sacred Heart Catholic Church 1957 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in March 2001, with the cooperation of Father Mark J. Herzog of Sacred Heart Catholic Church and Frank Beier of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, Ohio.
The collection consists of baptisms * first communions, confirmations, marriages * and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some records are in Latin.
This register and this collection were prepared by Jennifer Golis in March 2001.
* There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
Sacred Heart parish began in September 1956. It was organized by Father Leo Lehmkuhl, who was also serving as the assistant pastor of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Fremont. Services were held in the Fremont National Guard Armory until the church and school was completed in December 1957. The school was opened in September 1958. Both the original church and school are still in use today.
Sources: History of the Diocese of Toledo, Northern Ohio - West Central and Central Sections.
- First Communion, 1959 - 2000
- Confirmation, 1959 - 2000
- Death, 1958 - 2001
Roll 2 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptism, 1957 - 1966
- Baptism, 1966 - 1980
- Baptism, 1980 - 1995
- Baptism, 1996 - 2001
- Marriage, 1958 - 1996
- Marriage, 1996 - 2000
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy