Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church (Toledo, Ohio) - MS 831 mf
The records of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, 1925 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in February 2001, with the cooperation of Father Robert J. Reinhart of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church and Frank Beier of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, Ohio.
The Genealogical Society of Utah edition consists of first communions 1925 - 2000, confirmations 1925 - 2000, and deaths 1925 - 2001. An edition including baptisms 1925 - 2001 and marriages 1925 - 2000 has been placed at the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, Ohio and the Center for Archival Collections. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.) Some of these records are in Latin or French.
The collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series.
This register and this collection were prepared by Jennifer Golis in February 2001.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
Blessed Sacrament Parish was established on December 31, 1924. Reverend Otto C. Kappus was appointed their first pastor. For the first three months, services were held in a store room. After the parish purchased land, and were constructing their church and school, services were held in a tent on church grounds. During the fall and winter of 1925, services were again held in the store room. The church and school were completed in February 1926.
Blessed Sacrament Parish experienced rapid growth in its early years. Other parishes were formed from Blessed Sacrament Church. St. Clement Catholic Church was the first, forming in 1946. In 1953, St. Pius X and Christ the King Catholic Churches were also formed.
To help serve the growing congregation a new church was constructed. It was completed in 1954 and is still in use today.
Sources: History of the Diocese of Toledo, Northern Ohio--West Central Section. Toledo and Lucas County.
- First Communion, 1925 - 1951
- First Communion, 1952 - 1995
- First Communion, 1996 - 2000
- Confirmation, 1925 - 1956
- Confirmation, 1956 - 1967
- Confirmation, 1968 - 1991
- Confirmation, 1992 - 2000
- Death, 1925 - 1970
- Death, 1970 - 1999
- Death, 1999 - 2001
Roll 3 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptism, 1925 - 1936
- Baptism, 1936 - 1943
- Baptism, 1944 - 1949
- Baptism, 1949 - 1959
Roll 4 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptism, 1959 - 1965
- Baptism, 1965 - 1972
- Baptism, 1972 - 1981
- Baptism, 1981 - 1990
Roll 5 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptism, 1990 - 2000
- Baptism, 2000 - 2001
- Marriage, 1925 - 1956
- Marriage, 1956 - 1975
- Marriage, 1975 - 2000
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy