Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Little Flower Catholic Church (Toledo, Ohio) - MS 822 mf
The records of Little Flower Church, 1928 - 2001, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in January 2001, with the cooperation of Father Steve Cairns of Little Flower Catholic Church and Frank Beier of the Catholic Diocese of Toledo, Ohio.
Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series.
This register and this collection were prepared by John McWatters in January 2001.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
Little Flower Catholic Church, named in honor of St. Teresa, the Little Flower, was founded in 1928 to serve the growing Catholic community between Maumee and Sylvania. Monsignor Max J. Walz. served as pastor for the first 25 years of the church's existence. A new, larger, but temporary building was completed in 1956. In 1981 a new church and associated buildings were dedicated, and a total renovation of the church was completed in 1993.
A parish school operated by the Sylvania Franciscan Sisters opened in 1947 with two grades, but had expanded to include the fifth grade by 1950. Today the school remains a major part of the church's ministry.
Sources: History of the Diocese of Toledo, Northern Ohio - West Central Section, Toledo and Lucas County; Little Flower 2000 Church Directory
- First Communions, May 7, 1966 - July 5, 1986
- First Communions, May 2, 1987 - May 14, 2000
- Confirmations, March 5, 1964 - May 20, 2000
- Deaths, January 9, 1976 - January 8, 2001
Roll 2 (RESTRICTED ACCESS)
- Record Book, including baptisms, marriages, first communions, confirmations, and deaths, October 3, 1928 - April 16, 1947
- Record Book, including baptisms, marriages, first communions, confirmations, and, deaths, March 1, 1947 - December 24, 1955
- Record Book, including baptisms, confirmations, and first communions, January 1, 1956 - June 13, 1965
- Record Book, including marriages and deaths, January 27, 1956 - October 21, 1978
- Baptisms, March 17, 1963 - April 9, 1972
- Baptisms, March 26, 1972 - November 20, 1983
- Baptisms, November 20, 1983 - December 1, 1996
- Baptisms, December 7, 1996 - December 30, 2000
- Baptisms (Non-Catholics), February 2, 1980 - April 2, 1988
- Marriages, October 27, 1978 - October 21, 2000
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy