Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Auburn Baptist Church (Auburn Township, Crawford County, Ohio) - MS 819 mf
The records of the Auburn Baptist Church were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green Ohio with the cooperation of Mary Fox.
The Center for Archival Collections is the publisher of this microfilm edition. The camera negative is the property of the Center for Archival Collections. For restrictions on the duplication of this collection please see the accompanying Note to Researchers.
The Auburn Baptist Church was founded in 1836 in Richland County, Ohio, with services held in a log cabin. In 1840 the land on which the church stood became part of Auburn Township, Crawford County, Ohio. A second building was constructed on the site of the original log cabin, and according to church minutes the first service was conducted in the new building in January 1880. That building was still in existence, and the church still active, as of January 2001.
As of January 2001 this collection consisted of three record books 1836 - 1995 containing church membership rolls and minutes. According to church minutes, church records 1936 - 1955 were lost when a fire destroyed the clerk's house in 1954.
This introduction was prepared by John McWatters in January 2001.
- Record Book, including minutes and rolls of membership, 1836 - 1886
- Record Book, including minutes and rolls of membership, 1886 - 1936
- Record Book, including minutes and rolls of membership, 1836 - 1971
- Photograph, Auburn Baptist Church, 1937
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy