Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. John's United Church of Christ (Milan, Ohio) - MS 613 mf
The records of St. John's United Church of Christ, Milan, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections on August 13, 1991, with the cooperation of Phyllis J. Cheesman. The collection consists of seven volumes of Record Books and transcriptions. The first Record Book, 1865-1904, contains the constitution, minutes of congregational meetings and membership lists. This Record Book is written in German but has been transcribed and this transcription, which also includes minutes and membership lists dating to 1920, follows the Record Book. The next two Record Books, 1865-1910, contain such membership information as baptisms, marriages, burials, confirmations, communicants, and a family register. Both of these Record Books are written in German but also have been transcribed. The transcriptions are helpful not only in translating the German, but also in providing more genealogical information, along with photographs, for the family register section. A last Record Book, 1911-1990, completes the collection.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection. Duplication is permitted for single copies; however, if a request is made for duplicating the entire collection, permission must first be granted in writing by St. John's United Church of Christ, 8812 Thomas Road, Milan, Ohio, 44846. The finding aid was prepared by Ann Bowers in August 1991.
- Record Book (contains constitution, minutes, membership lists-written in German), 1865-July 1904
- Record Book (translation of above Record Book and continuation of minutes/membership lists), 1864-January 1920
- Record Book (baptisms, confirmations, sunday school lists, family register with information dating from 1800-written in German), 1865-1871
- Record Book (baptisms, confirmations, communicants, marriages, burials-written in German), 1872-1910
- Record Book (translation of above two Record Books compiled by Mrs. Fred Wilkens, Sandusky, Ohio), 1865-1910
- Record Book (translation of family register with added genealogical information and some photographs)
- Record Book (baptisms, confirmations, communicants, marriages, burials, history of church) 1911-1990
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy