Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. John's United Church of Christ (Holgate, Ohio) - MS 595 mf
The records of St. John's United Church of Christ, Holgate, Ohio were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University on March 5, 1991, with the cooperation of Christy Myers. The collection consists of eight volumes of record books and minute books, as well as index cards providing information on the church members, a financial ledger, a newspaper published by the church, and newsclippings outlining some of the history of the church. Four volumes of record books as well as index cards provide such membership information as baptisms, confirmations, marriages, communicants, and funerals for the years 1860 to 1990. Congregational and consistory meeting minutes are included in two volumes of minute books which date from 1875 to 1962. A newspaper published by St. John's Reformed Church in La Crosse, Wisconsin and St. John's in Holgate is included in this collection and dates from October 1922 to March/April 1925. Starting in October 1924, St. John's in Holgate became the single publisher of this newspaper. The newspaper contains membership information, religious writings, and annual reports, and was titled, "The Pastor's Helper." A few newspaper clippings on the building of the church are available for 1953, 1955 and 1957. Completing this collection is a financial ledger, possibly a donation record, dating from 1867 to 1894.
No restrictions exist on the use of this microfilm edition and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The finding aid was prepared by Ann Bowers in March 1991.
- Record Book, 1860-1881
- Record Book (includes minutes of church committee and boards for 1902-1924), 1881-1901
- Record Book, 1901-1923
- Index Cards (First set is alphabetical by member name and date from the 1920s to the 1930s. Second set is divided by function, i.e., baptism, confirmation, funeral, marriage, and date from 1922-1960, with the confirmation records also dating from 1969-1988), 1922-1960
- Record Book, 1960-1990
- "The Pastor's Helper", October 1922-March/April 1925
- Meeting Minute Book, 1871-January 1924
- Meeting Minute Book, 1923-1960, 1962
- Financial Ledger, 1867-1894
- Newsclippings, 1953, 1955, 1967
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy