Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
North Salem Lutheran Church | Bethany Lutheran Church (Salem Twp, Wyandot County, Ohio) - MS 561 mf
The records of North Salem Lutheran Church and Bethany Lutheran Church, Wyandot County, Ohio, were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming, on October 11, 1989, with the assistance of Berneda Miller. Both churches are served by the same minister and are considered a joint congregation. The collection consists of two Church Record Books of the North Salem Lutheran Church (1872-1965) and two Church Record Books of the Bethany Lutheran Church (1891-1965), as well as one combined Church Record Book (1965-1989). The Church Record Books include such membership information as baptisms, marriages, funerals and confirmations. Also included in the collection are annual reports of the two churches (1948-1960); newsclippings and programs providing information on the history of both churches; a minute book of the Bethany Church (1890-1903); and, a minute book of the North Salem Aid Society (1931-1942).
A second addition to the collection being microfilmed was transferred at a later date and is included on roll two of the microfilm. This addition consists of one volume of the North Salem Congregational Meeting minutes, 1868-1905; one volume of the North Salem Lutheran Aid Society minutes, 1902-1908; and one volume of the North Salem American Lutheran Church Women minutes, 1970-1975. Also included in this addition are three volumes of the Bethany Aid and Missionary Society minutes, 1920-1955; one volume of the Bethany Church Naomi Circle minutes, 1970-1988; and one volume of the Bethany American Lutheran Church Women minutes, 1982-1984.
No restrictions exist on the use of this microfilm edition and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The finding aid was prepared by Ann Bowers in November 1989.
- North Salem Lutheran Church Record Book, 1872-1906
- North Salem Lutheran Church Record Book, 1906-1965
- North Salem Lutheran Church papers
- annual reports, 1948-1960
- constitution, 1955
- newsclipping on fire at church, January 29, 1941
- obituary of Reverend John Ruhl, October 16, 1892
- Bethany Lutheran Church Record Book, 1891-1907
- Bethany Lutheran Church Record Book, 1902-1965
- some baptisms listed for 1891-1893
- some confirmations listed for 1892-1899
- Bethany Lutheran Church papers
- annual reports, 1948-1960
- list of confirmations, 1892-1939
- church history and clipping on rededication, n.d.
- Combined Church Record Book, 1965-1989
- Bethany Lutheran Church Minute Book, 1890-1903
- North Salem Aid Society Minute Book, June 1931-Dec 1942
- North Salem Congregational Meeting Book, 1868-1905
- North Salem Lutheran Aid Society Minute Book, 1902-1908
- North Salem American Lutheran Church Women Minute Book, 1970-1975
- Bethany Aid and Missionary Society Minute Book, 1920-1933
- Bethany Aid and Missionary Society Minute Book, 1934-1944
- Bethany Aid and Missionary Society Minute Book, 1945-1955
- Bethany Church-Naomi Circle Minute Book, 1970-1988
- Bethany American Lutheran Church Women Minute Book, 1982-1984
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy