Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Toledo-Lucas County Memorial Association (Toledo, Ohio) - MS 527 mf
The Toledo-Lucas County Memorial Association Collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming on April 7, 1988, with the cooperation of Jim Marshall and the Local History Department of the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library. The original documents are owned by Patricia Ferguson, Toledo, Ohio.
The Toledo-Lucas County Memorial Association was formed to celebrate Memorial Day and honor those who have died while serving in the military. Specific activites of this Association have included planning Memorial Day parades, decorating the graves of the veterans, usually with flags, and providing information to the schools about the meaning of Memorial Day. The Association also maintained a card index on eleven cemeteries, with the name of each veteran and war in which he served listed along with the section, lot, and grave number.
The records include minutes, membership lists, constitutions, financial reports, correspondence, and programs. The minutes and membership records date from 1922 through 1955, with the exception of the years 1936-137 and 1942-1943, for which documents are not available. Financial reports are included in the minutes, and also are available as audit reports from 1964 to 1975. The correspondence is filed chronologically with the minutes.
No restrictions exist on the use of this microfilm edition and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was processed and finding aid prepared by Ann Bowers in June 1988.
- Minutes (each folder of minutes also includes membership lists, correspondence, reports, and programs), March 1922-October 1923
- Minutes, March 1924-June 1925
- Minutes, March 1926-June 1927
- Minutes, March 1928-July 1929
- Minutes, January 1930-May 1931
- Minutes, January 1932-May 1933
- Minutes, March 1934-June 1935
- Minutes, March 1937-June 1939
- Minutes, January 1940-June 1941
- Minutes, February 1944-June 1945
- Minutes, March 1946-May 1947
- Minutes, March 1948-September 1949
- Minutes, January 1950-December 1951
- Minutes, January 1952-July 1953
- Minutes (includes Memorial Day programs for 1956, 1958, and 1960), January 1954-June 1955
- Constitutions, 1951, n.d.
- Audit reports, November 1964-October 1973, December 1974-September 1975
- Craig Memorial Bridge--Memorial Flag Pole and Flag Dedication ceremony, 1958
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy