Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
Wood County Ministerial Association - MS 517
The records of the Wood County Ministerial Association consist of .5 linear foot of minutes, correspondence, office files, and membership information from 1945 through 1974.
The collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections during April 1988 from the Wood County Historical Museum. This register was prepared by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts, Center for Archival Collections, May, 1990. No restrictions exist on the the use of this collection.
The Wood County Ministerial Association, also known as the Wood County Ministerium, was organized in 1945 to provide fellowship among Protestant ministers in the county on an interdenominational level. The Association also served as a forum for sharing views and problems and as a coordinating agency for county-wide projects, such as temperance education of home mission work among migrant farm workers. With continual problems maintaining membership, the Association became inactive around 1975.
The records of the Wood County Ministerial Association span the period from its founding in 1945 to the mid-1970's and include minutes, correspondence, office files, and membership information.
Sept 17, 1945
Amended constitution, with penciled corrections.
Jan 15, 1945-Dec 11, 1973
Arranged chronologically. Meeting minutes, including reports of business, program speakers, members present, and treasurer's report.
Dec 1, 1950-Sept 1967, n.d.
Mailing lists, address index cards, committee assignments, and directory entries on Hollerith cards, including name, address, and church affiliation.
May 20, 1948-Apr 9, 1974
General correspondence regarding membership and meetings, finances, program arrangements, and special projects.
MIGRANT WORKERS MINISTRY
June 17, 1949-Dec 5, 1966
Correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and a newsletter relating to work with Spanish-speaking migrant workers.
WOOD COUNTY FAIR
Aug 5, 1962-Aug 4, 1974
Correspondence, reports, newsclippings, meeting minutes, treasurer's reports, and program booklets for opening services at the Wood County Fair.
May 5, 1959-May 9, 1960
Correspondence and newsclippings relating to participation in a program of publishing short sermons in the Bowling Green Daily Sentinel-Tribune.
WOOD COUNTY COUNCIL OF CHURCHES
May 22-Sept 9, 1964
Organizational meeting announcements, with drafts of proposed and final constitution.
May 1, 1967-Jan 1972
Treasurer's book, including receipts, disbursements, and dues paid.
June 15, 1948-Mar 31, 1970
Notices of meetings, special program flyers, and form letters to the membership.
- Constitution (Amended), Sept 14, 1945
- Minutes, Jan 15, 1945-Apr 17, 1951
- Minutes, Dec 27, 1952-Oct 4, 1954
- Minutes, Jan 19, 1955-Apr 14, 1958
- Minutes, Dec 1, 1958-Dec 14, 1964
- Minutes, Feb 8, 1965-Dec 11, 1973
- Membership/committee lists, Dec 1, 1950-Sept 1967, n.d.
- Church and pastor directory cards, n.d.
- Member address index cards, n.d.
- General correspondence, May 20, 1948-Apr 9, 1974
- Migrant Workers Ministry file, June 17, 1949-Dec 5, 1966
- Wood County Fair file, Aug 5, 1962-Aug 4, 1974
- Sentinel-Tribune "Meditations" file, May 5, 1959-May 9, 1960
- Wood County Council of Churches file, May 22-Sept 9, 1964
- Treasurer's book, May 1, 1967-Jan 1972
- Circulars/notices, June 15, 1948-Mar 31, 1970
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy