Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Emmanuel Lutheran Church (Lindsey, Ohio) - MS 464 mf
The records of Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Lindsey, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, on July 17, 1986, with the cooperation of Rev. Matthew Lash. The collection consists of five record books, dating from 1853 to 1969, which contain information on baptisms, marriages, funerals, confirmations, and those taking communion. The first two record books include family registers with information dating as early as 1800. Additional lists of baptisms, and confirmations/communicants are included with the record books. One volume of annual meeting minutes, dating from 1854 to 1935, as well as two volumes of financial records, dating from 1895 to 1930, are also included in this collection. Church histories written at various times from 1926 to 1966 complete this collection. Most of these records are written in German until about 1914.
The collection was prepared for microfilming and the finding aid completed by Ann Bowers, Assistant Director, in July 1986.
- Record Book, 1853-1876
- Record Book (Family Register), c. 1800-1916
- Baptisms, 1837-1860
- Confirmations/Communicants, 1869-1877
- Record Book, 1876-1916
- Record Book, 1914-1957
- Record Book, 1957-1969
- Minutes--annual meetings, 1854-1935
- Financial Record, 1895-1904
- Financial Record, 1905-1930
- Church Histories, 1926, 1966, n.d.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy