Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Aloysius Catholic Church (Bowling Green, Ohio) - MS 420 mf
The records of St. Aloysius Catholic Church were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in April and May 1998 with the cooperation of Rev. Thomas J. Leyland.
The collection consists of eight (8) record books: First Communions (1910-1997), Confirmations (1912-1998), Marriages (1909-1993), and Interments (October 14, 1909-April 28, 1998) and seven (7) volumes of records containing Baptisms as early as 1877 and continues through May 10, 1998. The earliest record book has death records. The earliest records are written in Latin.
The St. Aloysius Catholic Church parish began in 1878. The first church building was built in 1881. Prior to 1881, the preparation for first Holy Communion and Confession was completed while boarding with families in Providence, now Grand Rapids, Ohio. The new church building construction begun in 1923. The school was built in 1956-1960 on the site of the original red brick church.
This register was prepared by Molly Biddle in May 1998.
There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
- First Communions, 1910-1991
- Marriages, 1909-1958
- Interments, October 14, 1909-April 28, 1998
- Confirmations, 1912-1974
Roll 2 (Some RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Marriages, August 30, 1958-June 26, 1993
- First Communions, 1992-1997
- Marriages, August 14, 1993-April 18, 1998
- Confirmations, 1977-1998
- Record Book, 1877-1912
- Baptisms, 1906-1926
Roll 4 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1927-1937
- Baptisms, 1938-July 21, 1957
- Baptisms, July 28, 1957-1965
- Baptisms, 1966-January 16, 1977
- Baptisms, January 23, 1977-June 1989
- Baptisms, July 1989-May 10, 1998
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy