Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Joseph's Catholic Church (Toussaint, Ohio) - MS 362 mf
The transcriptions of the records of St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Toussaint, Ohio, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, in May 1984, with the cooperation of Margaret Rice and James Kern. The church is no longer in existence and the records being microfilmed are transcriptions from the original record books. The collection consists of baptisms (1857-1934), confirmations (1881-1928), marriages (1866-1930), and deaths (1860-1972) of church members as well as a building and subscription record (1859-1861, 1867, 1868). Each of these record series are preceded by a name index. Additionally, a burial listing, arranged alphabetically by name for St. Antoine Cemetery (1796-1829) later named St. Joseph Cemetery (1840s-1859, 1885-1935), Monroe, Michigan, is included in this collection.
A copy of the original records for this parish can be found with Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church (MS 968) records. Researchers may find some of these records easier to read.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection. The finding aid was prepared by Ann Bowers in June 1984.
Roll 1Transcriptions of:
- Baptisms (index precedes list), 1857-1934
- Marriages (index precedes list), 1866-1930
- Deaths (index precedes list; includes cemetery records), 1860-1972
- Articles of agreement for building a Catholic Church with subscription lists, Communion/Confirmation and other miscellaneous lists (index precedes these lists), 1859-1861, 1867, 1868, 1881-1928
- Miscellaneous lists of baptisms, 1893-1919
- Miscellaneous lists of deaths (index precedes these lists), 1881-1967
- Cemetery burial lists (Monroe, Michigan)
- St. Antoine Cemetery, 1796-1829
- St. Joseph Cemetery (name change), 1840s-1859, 1885-1935
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy