Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. Rose Catholic Church (Perrysburg, Ohio) - MS 356 mf
The records of St. Rose Catholic Church, 1941 - 2002, were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, in June 2002, with the cooperation of Reverend Thomas J. Leyland of St. Rose Catholic Church. The records of this church were previously filmed in 1997 with a 2002 update to the original filming.
The initial collection consists of three volumes of Baptismal records and indexes, two volumes of First Communions and Confirmations, three volumes of Marriages and two volumes of Death records. Inclusive dates for the collection are 1863 to 1997. Also included are two volumes of lot owner's records from St. Rose Cemetery, located in Perrysburg. The founding of St. Rose Church and school are outlined in the Church History which covers the years 1863 to 1941.
The addition to the collection consists of baptisms*, first communions, confirmations, marriages* and deaths. Due to inconsistencies in pagination and transcription of data, researchers are encouraged to refer to all volumes within each series. (See order of microfilming for a detailed list of these records.)
This register and this collection was prepared by Rachel Diegel in June 2002.
*There is a seventy (70) year access restriction on baptism and marriage records. No restrictions apply to the remainder of this collection.
The parish of St. Rose Catholic Church began as a Mission of Maumee in 1861. At first mass was said in private homes. The first church was purchased in 1861. It was a meeting house that they remodeled to be a Catholic Church. In 1863 Father Griss was appointed pastor of the parish.
The first school was opened by father Griss in 1867. A second church was needed due to the growing Catholic population. Building of the church was started in 1889 and was completed in 1891. The school was closed in 1908 because there was a lack of students. However, the school was reopened in1916 by Father Kiebel. Shortly after reopening, they needed a new school building because of the increased number of students. In 1958 the school was again too small so they built a new eight room school for the 550 students that attended.
Mossing, Lawrence A. S.T.D. History of the Diocese of Toledo. Northern Ohio - West Central Section Toledo and Lucas County. Diocese of Toledo. Toledo, Ohio. 1985. Pages 179 - 184
- Index to Baptisms, 1863-1881
- Baptisms, 1863-1881
- Baptisms, 1882-1940
- First Communions, 1876-1946
- Confirmations, 1872-1939
- Marriages, 1863-1898
- Marriages, 1863-1945
- Marriages, 1946-1976
- Deaths, 1864-1969, 1987-1991
- Deaths, 1970-1997
- St. Rose Cemetery - Lot Owner's Record, 1910-1940
- St. Rose Cemetery - Lot Owner's Record, 1932-1962
- Church History, 1863-1941
Roll 3 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1925-1940
- First Communions, 1946 - 2000
- First Communions, 2000 - 2002
- Confirmations, 1947 - 1980
- Confirmations, 1982 - 2002
- Deaths, 1970 - 2002
Roll 5 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1941 - 1956
- Baptisms, 1956 - 1965
- Baptisms, 1966- 1975
- Baptisms, 1976 - 1984
- Baptisms, 1984 - 1992
Roll 6 (RESTRICTIONS APPLY)
- Baptisms, 1992 - 2000
- Baptisms, 2000 - 2002
- Marriages, 1977- 1995
- Marriages, 1996 - 2002
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy