Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Trinity United Church of Christ (Tiffin, Ohio) - MS 328 mf
The records of the Trinity United Church of Christ, Tiffin, Ohio were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, in October 1983, with the cooperation of Rebecca Hill. The collection contains all the records that exist for the First Reformed and Grace Reformed Churches of Tiffin which combined to form Trinity in 1928. Please note that although the churches joined in 1928, Trinity records were continued in the First Reformed record books.
The First Reformed records (1833-1951) consist of two church registers containing membership lists, baptisms, communions, marriages, and deaths as well as two constitutions and minute books (1870-1925). Included with this group is a book containing not only records of the First Reformed Church choir, but records of several Michigan circuit churches in Monroe County, Michigan. This book has been recorded as two separate items.
The Grace Reformed Church registers (1883-1927) contain records of membership, communions, baptisms, marriages, and deaths. The records also contain two constitution and minute books (1883-1921), a handbook for the church and Sunday School (1888), and a church directory (1918).
Rounding out the entire collection are several church histories (1933, 1946, and 1975), a program for the dedication of the Trinity Reformed Church (1929) and an undated fund-raising brochure.
There are no restrictions on the research use of this collection. The finding aid was prepared by Susan Hagemeyer in November 1983.
- Record Book (First Reformed Church), 1833-1906
- Record Book (First Reformed Church), 1907-1951
- Record Book (Michigan circuit churches), 1862-1871
- Constitution and Minutes (First Reformed Church), 1870-1902
- Constitution and Minutes (First Reformed Church), 1902-1925
- Constitution and Minutes (First Reformed Church choir), 1858
- Record Book (Grace Reformed Church), 1883-1896
- Record Book (Grace Reformed Church), 1899-1906
- Record Book (Grace Reformed Church), 1906-1927
- Constitution and Minutes (Grace Reformed Church), 1883-1910
- Constitution and Minutes (Grace Reformed Church), 1887-1921
- Handbook of the Grace Reformed Church and Sunday School, 1888
- Directory of Grace Reformed Church, 1918
- Trinity Refomed Church Dedication Services, 1929
- Reformed Church histories, 1933
- Historical Sketch of Trinity Evangelical and Reformed Church, 1946
- Trinity United Church of Christ, 50th Anniversary, 1975
- Trinity Reformed fund-raising brochure, n.d.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy