Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Evangelical Lutheran Church, Nazereth Congregation - MS 326 mf
The records of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, Nazareth Congregation, Chatfield, Ohio were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, in October 1983, with the cooperation of George Swartzfager. The collection (1840-1972) contains records of births, confirmations, marriages, communions, and deaths, as well as several versions of the church constitution. Also included in the collection is a history of the church compiled in 1976, and a selection of excerpts from Pastor Gaetz's diary kept between 1845-1876. Much of the material in the record books is written in German with a small portion translated. This congregation is combined with the Evangelical Lutheran, Peace Congregation (MS 325 mf), to form one parish served by the same pastor.
There are no restrictions on the research use of this collection. The finding aid was prepared by Susan Hagemeyer in October 1983.
- Record Book (transcript), 1840-1872
- Record Book, 1855-1879
- Record Book (translation), 1855-1879
- Record Book, 1873-1904
- Record Book, 1904-1972
- Excerpts from Pastor Gaetz's diary, 1845-1876
- History of Congregation, compiled 1976
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy