Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Ironville Methodist Church (Toledo, Ohio) - MS 299 mf
The records of Ironville Methodist Church, Toledo, Ohio were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections in September 1997 with the cooperation of Robert Ball, Toledo District Superintendent of the United Methodist Church.
The Ironville Methodist Church Collection consist of four volumes, of which two are membership registers and two are general record books which may include baptismal and marriage information. Inclusive dates for the collection are 1909-1956. There are, however, a few documents and news clippings that chronicle the closing of the church in 1965 which was due to the City of Toledo's purchasing and demolition of the church as part of the Ironwood Urban Renewal Project. These clippings and documents can be found within the first record book (1909-1956). Ironville Methodist Church was located at the corner of Millard and Case prior to its destruction. The records of the church are currently maintained by the Toledo District Superintendent's Office, Maumee, OH. The records were transferred to the Superintendent's Office by Valeria Dunn at an undisclosed date.
This register was prepared by Jason Wesco in October 1997. No restrictions apply to the use of this collection.
- Record Book (includes memberships, baptisms and marriages), 1909-1956
- Membership Register, 1918-1937
- Membership Register, 1925[?]-1942
- Record Book (includes memberships and baptisms), 1940[?]-1955
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy