Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
St. John's United Church of Christ (Tiffin, Ohio) - MS 293 mf
The records of the St. John's United Church of Christ, Tiffin, Ohio, were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University in February 1983 for microfilming with the cooperation of Rev. Burton Goetz, Pastor, and the Genealogical Society of Utah. The collection consists of four record books, minutes, and pamphlets. There are no restrictions on the use of this collection. The finding aid was prepared by Ann Subic in February 1983.
The St. John's United Church of Christ collection consists of four volumes of record books (1836-1982) and one record book of the Jerusalem Evangelical Church, Seneca Township, Seneca County, Ohio (1842-1914). These record books generally contain lists of baptisms, confirmations, communicants, marriages, and deaths, and some also contain congregational history, the constitution of the church, bequests, and membership records. Also included in the collection are two volumes of minute books (1853-1911) which are written in German as are all of the record books up until about 1900. There are three pamphlets in the collection: the dedication of the church (1919) the centennial (1935), and the 125th anniversary (1960).
- Record Book, 1836-1859
- Record Book Jerusalem Evangelical Church, Seneca Twp., Seneca County, 1842-1914
- Record Book, 1860-1903
- Confirmation Record, 1879-1883
- Record Book, 1904-1945
- Record Book, 1945-1982
- Minute Book, 1853-1901
- Minute Book, 1854-1911
- Dedication Pamphlet, 1919
- Centennial Pamphlet, 1935
- 125th Anniversary Pamphlet, 1960
- Photograph of church, n.d.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy