Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
First United Church of Christ (Toledo, Ohio) - MS 109 mf
The records from the First United Church of Christ, Toledo, Ohio (MS 109) were transferred for microfilming to the Center for Archival Collections, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, with the cooperation of Rev. Glenn Kimball in July 1992.
No restrictions have been placed on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted. The collection was processed for microfilming and a register prepared by Monica Manny in July 1992.
The collection consists of five volumes of record books dating from 1876 to 1992. Information contained in three of the record books, those covering the period form 1876 to 1913, was entered in German. Information entered after 1913 was written in English. All five books contain entries for membership, baptisms, weddings, and deaths. The first two volumes also include a family register detailing the names of husbands, wives, and children as well as the dates and places of birth. The contents of each volume are detailed on the Order of Microfilming which follows.
- Record Book, 1876-1890: Information entered in German--contains baptisms; confirmations, communicants; marriages; deaths; and a family register
- Record Book, 1890-1913: Information entered in German, some member information is carried forward from 1858--contains alphabetical index to family names; pastors; officials; members; baptisms; confirmations; marriages; communicants; deaths; offertories; family register; and congregational statistics.
- Record Book, 1911-1913: Information entered in German--contains memberships, marriages, baptisms, and deaths
- Record Book, 1913-1947: Information entered in English--contains baptisms; members including confirmations, communicants, and dismissals; deaths, and marriages
- Record Book, 1947-1992: Information entered in English--contains pastors; elders; deacons; members; confirmations; baptisms; marriages; and deaths
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy