Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Bloom Center Church of God (Bloom Center, Ohio) - MS 108 mf
The records of the Bloom Center Church of God were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming in June 1992 with the cooperation of the Wood County Genealogical Society, through Lolita A. Guthrie. For 101 years the church was situated on the corner of Oil Center and Huffman Roads in Bloom Township of Wood County. In January of 1992, after a fifty year decline in membership, the congregation merged with the Findlay seminary in Hancock County, adopted the name New Hope Church of God and placed the Bloom Township property up for sale (see The Sentinel-Tribune, Bowling Green, Ohio, May 1, 1992).
Included within the collection are two record books detailing church membership for the 101 year period between 1890 and 1991. The first of these record books also includes information regarding the church's pastorship as well as listings of those baptized and married by the church.
The collection also contains two church histories, the first written in 1976 and the second written in 1986.
- Record Book, 1890-1990: Includes lists of members, pastors, baptisms and marriages in chronological order
- Record Book, 1914-1991: Contains a list of members in alphabetical order
- Church History, April 1, 1976: "A Brief History of the Bloom Center Church of God"
- Church History, October 1986
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy